Thank you for your interest in submitting to The Tiger Moth Review!
We are open for submissions all year round.
Due to overwhelming response, submissions for Issue 2 are now closed. You may submit to Issue 3, which will be published in Jan 2020.
Issue 2 is slated for release in July 2019. A limited print version, featuring the best of Issues 1 and 2, is being planned for release at the end of the year.
We are looking for work that emphasises the connections between “human activity and the environment that produces it”, work that displays an “awareness of ecology and concerns over environmental disaster” (“Ecopoetics”, Poetry Foundation). We also want work that is hopeful, in spite of the ecological horrors that exist today. Send us work that is eco-conscious and critical, work that celebrates the beauty/ bounty of nature, work that is cognisant, curious and contemplative of the relationships between humanity, modernity, cultures and the environments in which we live in or imagine ourselves to inhabit.
- Submit all work to thetigermothreview [at] gmail [dot] com
- Title your email subject as follows: First name_Genre_Title of work. Anything labelled otherwise will not be read.
- Depending on your genre, please limit each submission to:
- 3-5 unpublished poems
- 1 unpublished short fiction piece (up to 5,000 words) or
- 3-5 unpublished photographs/ art in web format (72 ppi) + a short write-up contextualising the work [high res formats should be available on request]
- All work submitted should be accompanied by a short author bio between 50 and 100 words, and a recent author photo in jpg.
- Do not re-submit until you hear from us. We aim to respond within 8 weeks, usually sooner.
- While we accept simultaneous submissions, do write in to us immediately to withdraw your work once it has been accepted elsewhere.
- Works submitted should engage with the themes of nature, culture, the environment and/ or ecology.
- The journal will prioritise work from Singapore and Southeast Asia, but we are happy to feature art and literature that engages with the said themes from beyond the region.
- The Tiger Moth Review publishes only unpublished work, unless we ourselves request for them.
- By submitting your work, you affirm that you are the sole author and maintain all rights for your work.
- For republishing, please first acknowledge The Tiger Moth Review.
Reading Fee and Payment
- We currently do not charge a reading fee, and our plan is to keep it this way as we believe in making art and literature submissions accessible to all. Issues will also be free for all to download and read in the spirit of community and accessibility.
- At present, we are unable to pay for published work. We are exploring publishing limited copies annually, featuring selected work from our issues. Featured contributors will receive a complimentary copy as payment.